On May 3, 2012 the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) posted a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking – Federal Register, May 3, 2012, CMS-2249-P2 — that includes another significant effort to define “home- and community-based settings” in a way that expressly denies choice. See our analysis of the previous effort Choice v. Olmstead. The NPRM invites public comment. The deadline for submitting comments is July 2, 2012, not June 4 as originally posted (see correction notice). We will be providing comment which we will again publish here. We urge anyone with an interest in this issue and a desire to make your voice heard to read the Federal Register, May 3, 2012, CMS-2249-P2 and submit your comments according to the submission criteria.
Read our DONATE page to see how we use the funds we receive.
For Email Newsletters you can trust
- Autism Housing Roundtable Brings National Experts Together to Increase Possibilities & Decrease Barriers to Housing on About Us
- Communities to Know: Indigo Trails (MD) | LTO Ventures on Communities to Know
- Communities to Know: Cape Cod Village (MA), Bancroft Lakeside Campus (NJ) | LTO Ventures on Communities to Know
- LTO Ventures Community Concept Site Plan Unveiled | LTO Ventures on Our Model
- Articles | Agricultural Communities for Adults with Autism on Choice v. Olmstead